Wednesday, April 27, 2011

summative #1

By this time my group has agreed to read up to the middle of the book, which is around pg. 200-225. Though, as the book has been so good, and quite exciting up to this point, I couldn't help but to read ahead a little bit. But, I tried to pae myself as I did not want to get too far ahead into my readings.

Our group discussions, thus far have been really well. I think that we have progressed a lot as a group as we talk more, and we help each other build up to questions. We learn with every group discussion and I am very proud of my group.

Some of the things we talked about, as we were still not quite exactly divulged into the real story behind the book, I presume, are the settings and the many different themes that this book has, as well as the main words that could be used to describe this book, and the layers and connections behind what has been happening so far. For our past discussions we used the words conflict and darkness as we thought that those two words have been the most fitting to our discussions. We talked about the conflict between Katherine and Mal'akh and Robert's conflict with the entire situation, and we mixed in how darkness is incorporated through Mal'akh's possible intentions.

Does evil or fear lead one to the following; experience of violence, infliction of violence and/or observation of violence?
Yes. By now, we have learned that Mal'akh went after the family years ago Mrs. Solomon. However, after Peter Solomon had chased him down and made Mal'akh run off a cliff into an icy river. This perhaps, made him extremely upset, which is why he chose to come back after him. Howevery, I am sure that something else must have happened previously for him to want to come in and kill the Solomon family.

No comments:

Post a Comment